The Rakuten Policies are designed to create a safe and trusted Marketplace for all our users.
You are expected to review, understand and comply with all Rakuten Policies as well as all laws, rules, regulations, codes and standards imposed by any governmental, regulatory or self-regulatory body applicable to the use of our services. This Acceptable Use Policy describes prohibited users of Marketplace and our related or ancillary services ("Services"). The examples described in this Acceptable Use Policy are not exhaustive.
Our Rakuten Policies are updated frequently to address emerging issues, so it is important that you check them regularly for changes. By using Marketplace and our Services you agree to the latest version of our Rakuten Policies. Make sure you follow these guidelines. If you don't, you may be subject to a range of actions, including without limitation limits on your Account privileges and suspension of your Account.
- The use of Marketplace and our Services is limited to Buyers and Merchants that can lawfully enter into contracts under the laws of their respective country of residence.
- Minors under 18 years old can only use Marketplace and our Services with the prior consent of their parent or guardian.
- Minors must refrain from buying or selling items that are restricted to adults (e.g. 18 certificate video recordings or alcohol). Merchants must not deliver age restricted items (e.g. 18 certificate video recordings or alcohol) to minors.
- You may not buy or sell any Prohibited or Restricted Items. You are solely responsible for checking whether any such restrictions apply to the items you intend to buy or sell.
- We have the right in our sole discretion to determine the content, appearance, design, functionality and all other aspects of Marketplace and our services.
- You are prohibited from making any commercial use of Marketplace or our services, otherwise than, in the case of Merchants, as provided for in the Merchant Terms and Conditions.
- Unless agreed by us in writing in advance, you may not register for more than one Account.
- You warrant that you will keep all of your information in your Account and Online Store (if applicable) up-to-date and ensure that it is accurate and not misleading.
- At all times you are responsible for the safety and security of your Account. In the event that your Account and/or secure details are compromised you must immediately change them. You accept sole responsibility for any use of (whether authorised or not) of your Account.
- You may not transfer your Account to another party without our prior consent.
- You must not use, encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to use, Marketplace or any of our Services for any activity that is illegal (e.g. advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available gambling sites or services or disseminating, promoting or facilitating child pornography); harmful (e.g. offering or disseminating fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions (e.g., ponzi and pyramid schemes, phishing, or pharming) or utilising computer technology that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, or data (e.g. viruses or Trojan horses); or offensive.
- You must not use Marketplace or any of our Services to send, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available any material that is illegal, misleading, false, defamatory, obscene, offensive, menacing, otherwise injurious or in breach of third parties' privacy or any Intellectual Property Rights.
- You must not distribute, publish, send, or facilitate the sending of unsolicited mass e-mail or other messages, promotions, advertising, or solicitations (like "spam"), including commercial advertising (including URLs for websites other than those of Marketplace) and informational announcements. You will not alter or obscure mail headers or assume a sender's identity without the sender's explicit permission. You will not collect replies to messages sent from another internet service provider if those messages violate this Policy or the acceptable use policy of that provider.
- You must not do or omit to do anything that causes Marketplace or any of our Services to be interrupted, damaged or impaired.
- You agree that you will not take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.
- You may not purchase your own Listings or work in concert with other Buyers or Merchants to manipulate the outcome of a sale or Listing.
- We're committed to providing a safe and trusted Marketplace and protecting Intellectual Property Rights. Using ours or someone else's intellectual property or other proprietary right, in an unlawful way, is considered infringement, which is against the law and our Policies.
- Rakuten, Marketplace, Rakuten Mail, Rakuten Advertising, Super Points, and other trademarks appearing on Marketplace or in any of our Services (including without limitation graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names) are the trademarks of the Rakuten Group and may not be used in connection with any item or service that is not the Rakuten Group's, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among Buyers, or that disparages or discredits any member of the Rakuten Group.
- You should assume that everything you see or read is copyrighted, including trademarks not owned by the Rakuten Group that appear on Marketplace, which are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by us.
- To report any Intellectual Property Right infringement, please call us on 0808 131 1312 (free from a landline), 0333 313 7777 (free from a mobile) or email us at email@example.com.
- For the purpose of this Policy, "Intellectual Property Rights" means any rights, title and interest in patents, trademarks, service marks, trade and business names, rights in design, utility models, copyright, database rights, know-how (including trade secrets and confidential information) and any other similar right whether presently existing, applied for or in relation to which there is a right to apply for registration and any analogous rights to any of the preceding rights under any other jurisdiction.
- You are responsible for all electronic communications and content sent from your computer, Online Store or communications centre, as applicable.
- In the event that you become aware of any breach of this Policy or notice any content or material that you believe may be in breach of this Policy, you agree to notify us immediately and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy the breach.
- To report any violation of this Policy, please call us on 0808 131 1312 (free from a landline), 0333 313 7777 (free from a mobile) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.