Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 4 Reviews)
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 29/09/2010 11:49:19
A friend of mine found this band when told me about them, and aren't I glad he did? As Maarkface wrote, a few of the choruses do sound similar, but being as they're all really good anyway I didn't find that too much of an issue. There is enough variation there to keep you listening and to make you want to listen through plenty of times. His vocal range is very impressive and the rest of the band are equally good at what they do, the mix of hard hitting drums, ripping guitar solos and the subtle piano/keyboard in the background really work well together.
I don't think I would've found this band if it wasn't for my friend so if you know anyone who you think would like them, pass it on because it's the best listen i've had in a while!
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: Cookie89 on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
A strong first effort.
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 23/05/2010 21:45:10
I have to begin this album with a criticism: A great deal of the choruses on this CD sound very similar to one another. If that sort of thing annoys you, look away.
However, the majority of each song is well constructed, with machine-gun drum work, guitars that aren't too dissimilar to a hybrid of John Petrucci's technical nous and Gothenburg melodic death metal riffing, and well-written keyboard parts. The vocals are another strong point.
Whilst not perfect, this album is strong. I bought it purely on the strength of hype, and despite being quite so cynical as I am, the album lived up to its reputation.
Take this from it, then: sometimes things are hyped because they're actually GOOD, instead of it just being a big 'ol marketing ploy. I'm definitely glad I bought this.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: Maarkface on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 10/05/2010 20:22:56
I read in Total Guitar mag that this was like Dream Theater. It isn't, it's heavy, it's metal and it's good. For 8 quid just buy it, you won't regret it.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: Cullyjnr on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 22/02/2010 23:20:47
Mutiny within are a new band in the metal world and their first single they have released was "Awake" which was an amazing song making them a very promising band
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: windol on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States