Butthole Surfers captured during their heyday in Detroit, 1985.
1. The Shah Sleeps In Lee Harvey's Grave
2. One Hundread Million People Dead
3. Bar-be-que Pope
4. Cowboy Bob
7. Dum Dum
8. Mexican Caravan
10. Lady Sniff
12. Mark Says Alright
14. Negro Observers
15. American Woman
Bonus 1991 live track
Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 1 Reviews)
A must-have for anyone interested in their early live output
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 29/04/2008 21:32:53
Blind Eye Sees All consists of a selection of songs performed live and an interview with the band (chemically altered) in bed. There's a segment of interview between each of the thirteen songs, and sometimes a clip taken from a much earlier live performance. Each song was chosen from footage made of the two gigs they played at Traxx, Detroit, early 1985.
It could be described as a sort of time capsule showing what a typical Butthole Surfers gig was like at the time. On the one hand there are no movie projections nor is there any naked dancer. On the other hand you do see Gibby with clothes pegs in his hair, shredding pillows on stage, singing through toilet rolls and bullhorns.
My favorite songs on Blind Eye Sees All are One Hundred Million People Dead, Hey, Dum Dum, Mexican Caravan and Lady Sniff. They are IMO excellent performances, in fact I prefer the version of Mexican Caravan here to the studio version.
The bonus features are okay, with "karaoke" option and two bonus tracks. One is a demo of their American Woman cover accompanied by slide show, the other a live performance of Negro Observer from 1991. There's also some hidden bonus footage of an earlier gig, featuring a different line-up (possibly the original) of the band. It seems that the clips accompanying the interview segments were extracted from this footage.
This is well worth getting if you're a Butthole Surfers fan, especially if you're a fan of their eighties stuff and interested in their live shows from back then.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: Transfer on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States