From the people who bring you The Office comes Parks and Recreation, the hilarious saga of government employees and local citizens turning a neighborhood hole in the ground into a new public park. Comedy superstar Amy Poehler stars as Leslie Knope, an ambitious and hopeful small town government worker, whose dreams are way bigger than her political talents. Created by Primetime Emmy® Award winners Greg Daniels and Michael Schur, and featuring a stellar ensemble cast, Parks and Recreation is a hilarious comedy about bureaucracy, hope and America at the dawn of the Obama age.
*Artwork Subject To Change
Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 2 Reviews)
Finding Its Feet
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 14/02/2013 19:13:49
Parks and Recreation was created by a number of the people behind the US version of the office. Anyone that has seen the US Office, or the British version for that matter, will be immediately familiar with the shows 'mockumentary' style presentation. On this occasion however the focus is on the Parks and Recreation department of local government and Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler) in particular. Poehler is certainly the star of the show and it is impossible not to feel sympathy for the ever optimistic Knope as despite her best intentions things never quite seem to go her way and her character certainly went a long way to drawing me into the show.
Fortunately, for the most part anyway, it is also fairly funny. Seeing as this first season is only six episodes long it is difficult to judge just how funny it will become, as all sit-coms need time to allow audiences to understand the characters, but it certainly has potential and I am very much looking forward to watching the full twenty-two episode second season.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: drlowdon on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
The start of something special
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 01/07/2010 18:28:02
If you like the US Office, then you'll like Parks and Recreation as it of the same humour and done in the same style.
However, as the Office begins to grow stale, Parks and Recreation begins to bloom into the funniest sitcom on tv. With the exception of one or two the characters are all hillarious, and although particularly under developed in the first season they see much improvement in the second.
The only reason it loses a star is because season 2 is brilliant and has more episodes. Compared to most sitcoms it's 5 stars, but compared to its own high standards, it get 4.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: RandomSalad on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States