"The Cure" is a touching tale of an unlikely friendship between two boys: Dexter, who has AIDS, and his neighbor Erik, a transplanted Southern teen trying to adjust to life in a new place. Despite his mother's disapproval, Erik makes friends with his ailing, younger neighbor. At first the boys communicate from over the fence, but as the bond between them develops, Erik and Dexter come into closer contact. Their tight friendship ultimately leads the two to embark on a Mark Twain-like adventure down the Mississippi River.
Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 1 Reviews)
A movie that truly touches your heart.
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 25/07/2007 17:10:01
The Cure is a very touching movie based around a young boy called Dexter with AIDS.
Dexter befriends an older boy called Eric. The difference between Dexter and Eric is that they have very different parents. Eric at first seems to pre-judge him before finally befriending him and realising how Dexter must feel with all the intimidation. It is not taken kind-heartedly though by Eric's mother who seems to be very prejudice towards AIDS. However, as Dexter and Eric build up a strong relationship it puts them in an awkward situation of constantly being bullied by others.
When watching, you'll begin to notice how Eric's mother reactions can be. Some you may often make you think "that's totally out" or "why is she like that?" The thing is, people need to realise AIDS simply isn't transmitted by homosexuals (as assumed by some characters in the movie). In this case, a blood transfusion caused him to get AIDS.
Anyway, being a kid can be great fun as detailed in this movie. Eric and Dexter look out to find "The Cure" they had read about in the local newspaper. As cheesy as it may sound, that's what they try to attempt. They aim to find "The Cure" somehow. It's a summer of a true friendship.
A great movie and recommended for a great telling of friendship.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: Thorpe on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States