No children. No future. No hope.
In a chaotic world in which humans can no longer procreate, a former activist agrees to help transport a miraculously pregnant woman to a sanctuary at sea, where her child's birth may help scientists save the future of humankind...
Based on the novel by P.D. James.
"Possibility of Hope" - Documentary featuring the world's leading futurists and
philosophers examining social and economic shifts that find expression in Children of Men
"Theo and Julian" - In exclusive on-set interviews, actors Clive Owen and Julianne Moore offer up insights and secrets about the complex and compelling characters they created
"Futuristic Designs" featurette on Director Alfonso Cuarón vision of the future used in the movie
"Creating the Baby" featurette on creating the CGI baby
"Men Under Attack" featurette on how two of the most intense scenes in the movie were created
"Children of Men" comments by Slavoj Zizek
Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 1 Reviews)
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 15/02/2011 15:25:31
Really enjoyed this movie in a odd way. A friend watched and did not like it as he thought nothing happened, and i can see what he means, not much does happen in a In Your face kinda way.
I enjoyed it on 2 levels, first being a straight up Action, Chase flick set in a recognisable future with some brilliant moments of tension and stunning shots that went on and on without a cut (the attack in the car and Clive Owen going into the building to get the girl towards the end). On another level it was scary to see how we could end up in such a world where civil liberties have ben taken away. and it is almost like a Orwellian world. I won't pretend to make out i understood all the themes and views, but the movie lingered on with me for a few days. Fantastic acting, Clive Owen and Julian moore were good, Michael Caine was ab fab.
Not evriones cup of tea i guess.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: Rambo456 on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States