In the futuristic action-thriller Repo Men, humans have extended and improved our lives through highly sophisticated and expensive mechanical organs created by a company called the union. The dark side of these medical breakthroughs is that if you don't pay your bill, The Union sends it's highly skilled repo men to take back its property... with no concern for your comfort or survival. We must now decide if buying more time on Earth is worth the very deadly cost.
Jude Law plays Remy, one of the best organ repo men in the business. But when he suffers a cardiac failure on the job, he awakens to find himself fitted with the company's top-of-the-line heart replacement... as well as a hefty debt. When he can't make the payments, The Union sends its toughest enforcer, Remy's former partner Jake (Forest Whitaker), to track him down.
When the hunter becomes the hunted, Remy joins Beth (Alice Braga), another debtor who teaches him how to vanish from system. As Remy and Jake embark on a chase across a landscape populated by maniacal friends and foes, one man will become a reluctant champion for thousands on the run. His fight to survive will leave Remy with one option: take The Union down before it kills him first.
Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 1 Reviews)
Futuristic action packed, mildly gorey film!!
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 12/12/2010 13:34:10
This film came completely out of nowhere to be honest. Really wasnt expecting this.
Based in the not too distant future in my opinion. This film portraits events based on artificial organs. And hence the name repo men, getting them back when you dont keep up your payments. Just like the mortgage company taking back your house. Well sort of .. ha
Brilliantly put together with some fantastic fight scenes. And substantial gore to this film , Especially near the end i found things got slightly more gorey. Maybe you wont think so but i sure did..
A superb twist i must say to round it up, fantasticly executed. But giving me some substantial annoyance. But still very good.
Jude Law and Forest Whittaker pulled off some fantastic acting and really brought it home for this film.
Its different, its action packed, its gorey, 4/5 overall!! Recommend!!
If you liked this you might also like
A.I. - Artificial Intelligence
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: Nathan444 on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States