Venice: Queen of the Adriatic!
Venice is a fairy tale city, rising from the sea on 119 small islands, separated by the 160 canals that dominate Venetian life. Its jeweled Basilica is a blend of Byzantine splendor and Western imagination and the Piazza San Marco has been proclaimed "the most beautiful room in Europe." It has been half a millennium since Venice ruled the waves. Since then its magnificent churches and palaces, gondolas and canals, public buildings and private villas, art museums and piazzas have steadily declined into a gorgeous decay.
The DVD, the latest release in the best-selling Museum City Series, showcases the thousand years of the glorious history and heartbreaking beauty that is Venice: Queen
of the Adriatic.
"Watch this DVD, then rush out and book tickets" - USA Today.
Venice Museum Guide
Instant Chapter Access
Digitally Mastered Audio & Video
Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 1 Reviews)
A Great Disappointment
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 29/07/2008 19:18:39
This DVD consists of a succession of out of date still photographs, many of which are repeated throughout the film, and an unconvincing commentary. It is the worst coverage of Venice that I have seen and I would suggest that the TV programmes from Francesco Da Mosto or Brian Sewell, now available on DVD are infinitely superior.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: Stenvis on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States