Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 2 Reviews)
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 30/01/2008 23:42:53
As far as Vampire movies go I feel they were displayed as being weaker than usual and it did lack action. Had its humourous, heart wrenching moments and was a little hard to follow as it jumped back and forward to tell the story. I would say watch it but don't expect too much.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: filmguru on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Enjoyable watch with issues
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 27/01/2008 18:01:36
Lucy Liu in the leed role. The plot, well she stars as a reporter who stumbles upon more than she wants and ends up raped and murdered and turned into a vampire. She then sets about hunting down the vampires who turned her with revenge on her mind.
This film is good in a lot of ways, it emphasises the impact being turned would make quite well, and it has some well played scenes in this regard.
It does have its fair share of action but inst really an action film and most of it involves Lucy getting her bu** handed to her. Although in an odd aside this film seems to suffer from a buffy the Vampire Slayer line of approach in that she seemingly learnt how to fight and become a tough chick simply by being turned into a vampire as no explanation is ever given as to where she learnt to fight, where she got the crossbow, how she learnt to kill vampires etc.. and it is qite a leap as she starts the film a very girly girl kind fo character. So there are some holes in the story too, which detracts from the enjoyment a little in retrospect.
Also at one point we go from her trying to comitt suicide on an overpass to waking up in a retreat under the care of another reofrmed vampire, though no explanation of how this meeting came about is ever given, unless we are to assume she managed to fall onto the car of the only other good vampire in the world.. bit of a reach.
The 18 rating too I think is a little harsh, as apart from a few buckets of fake blood there isnt anything that is particularly explicit, violence-wise and no sex to speak of, very little bad language and almost no nudity (despity lucy spending most of the film in various states of undress but with everything conveniently in shadow or obscured somehow lol).
However the film does have its good points and it is enjoable although does leave you with the impression it was rushed or cut or not quite all it could have been.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: NeoWolf on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States