Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 2 Reviews)
Another for the Unexpected
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 14/05/2008 09:10:02
I am a huge Korn fan and was therefore apprehensive about this album as unplugged didn't seem to be something that the hard hitting riffs of KoRn were capable off. However I was proved very very wrong.
Jonathan Davis' voice accompanys the acoustics brilliantly, lingering through the chords creating quite a relaxing feel. Also the bongo drums used create another edge, creating a totally different sound to what we are used too.
Also with duets with the Cure and Amy Lee the songs we all know and love are given a new life. A fantastic 'chill out' album so to speak for any avid Korn fan, will very much shock you if you are used to the other albums!
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: 9097cj on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 07/05/2007 22:48:35
As a fan of both KoRn and MTV's Unplugged series I was both excited and apprehensive about this project. How would KoRn's hard sound lend itself to an accoustic set?
In a word; Brilliantly! Not since Metallica's S&M or Nirvana's Unplugged has a hard rock band sounded so sublime.
Blind features a Spanish guitar that changes the song's atmosphere totally. The addition of guests only enhances the surrealism of this album. Amy Lee of Evanescense lends her unique vocals to Freak On A Leash and makes the song almost seductive. Brit legends - Jonothan's words, not mine - Robert Smith and The Cure join in on a brilliant mix of KoRn's Make Me Bad and The Cure's InBetween Days is as weird as it is excellent. The weakest point on the album - and this is not a bad thing at all - is their decision to cover Radiohead's over-exposed classic Creep. It's also a bit annoying to hear all the "naughty words" edited out and replaced by interrupting silences in the vocals. Personal fave Falling Away From Me sounds almost haunted.
If you like bands who are willing to be different and change their sound, this is a must-have in your collection. If all you want is to hear the same old stuff that gets played at your local metal club, go buy The Best Of instead.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: TattooMonster on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States