The citizens of Spokane, a small town in Washington state, awaken to the sight of North Korean paratroopers dropping from the sky. The U.S.A. has been invaded and their hometown is the initial target. Without warning, the town is unable to fight back and finds itself under enemy occupation. Evading capture, a group of young patriots - led by Jed Eckert (Hemsworth) seek refuge in the surrounding woods, training and reorganising themselves to become a guerilla group of fighters. Taking inspiration from their high school mascot, they call themselves the Wolverines , banding together to protect one another, liberate their town from its captors, and take back their freedom.
Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 1 Reviews)
Red Dawn for the XBOX Generation.
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 02/06/2013 12:29:29
Thanks to MGM's finacial worries this movie was delayed by almost three years, but even when released as originally intended it would have seemed dated. But in reflection it's pretty well timed, as it's given the producers enough time to do some CGI erasure and changed the invading force from China to North Korea, not bad timing at all when you take into account their rescent little bit of sabre rattleing.
As you will know this is a remake of the fan favourite 1984 movie where homeland USA is invaded by communist forces and a band of young highschool jocks and super model girlfriends hide out and take the fight back to the opressors whilst screaming "Wolverines!" Yep it's basically the same plot as the 1984 movie with a few modern twists. The invation scenes in the original were chilling, in this it's not a patch on what they did in 1984 as this film is so eager to get going and start fighting it forgets the character development so in the end nobody gives a damn who dies ( not that the original was very well charachter driven ) the movies runs a break neck pace and the action is very well done, but this film has the Wolverines hiding out in the towns and local woods where as the original they had to deal with the survival in the mountains and all the elements. It's not a bad film, but it also feels like a direct DVD effort if it was not for Chris Hemsworth heading up the cast. The ending also leaves it open for sequels but after the disappointing box-office takings it's doubtful that'll ever happen.
If you want a movie version of Call Of Duty but with less emotional punch, give it a go. But you are my age and have fond memories of the 1984 original don't make comparisons.
See If You Like.......
Act Of Valour.
Call Of Duty.
A Good day To Die Hard.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: SECTION8 on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States