Emily (Rooney Mara - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) and Martin (Channing Tatum - The Vow) are successful New York couple whose world unravels when a new drug prescribed by Emily's psychiatrist (Jude Law - Sherlock Holmes) intended to treat anxiety - has unexpected and dangerous side effects.
From director Steve Soderbergh (Contagion, Magic Mike, Ocean's Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen) comes a riveting psychological thriller where neither the symptoms nor the cure are quite as straightforward as they seem.
Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 1 Reviews)
SLOW AND DEPRESSING,BUT INTERESTING.
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 30/10/2013 22:49:17
This is going to bore some with the slow moving story,but it's a story that does eventually make a good point.
This starts off looking like a a murder or major accident has just happened,then we go back to how this came about. A woman who is seemingly depressed,seeks help and her psychiatrist puts her on a pill that appears to be good for her,but has the side effect of sleep walking,this leads to some very serious taking place and so the story kicks off with a more interesting pace. A lot of viewers won't make it this far as it is depressing and very slow,but for those that don't mind that,the story has twists and turns to keep you watching. There's a good message about medication but also mental illness and how it's viewed.
It's a film I appreciated,with some top acting,one that at least dares to ask questions and isn't just depressing with nothing really said.
I liked the end and though it gets a little complicated,it does deliver.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: HONESTBAZ on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States