Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 2 Reviews)
On song Aynsley!!!
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 19/06/2010 16:56:41
Yep, I second everything LimpingV has said, another quality offering from our best Blues/rock guitarists.
The lack of audience noise is largely irrelevant except for the fact that in the quiet passages (especially Purple Rain,) you can hear the snare drum resonating which is mildly annoying, but proof of a live take!!
If you have never seen or heard Aynsley before, this very accurately showcases his live shows and is a good cross section of his earlier material.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: spasmcasm on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 14/06/2010 11:30:47
When is a "live" album not a "live" album? When it's a session album. Okay, so a bit audience feedback is missing, but then I'd have to give this 6 stars. It was planned as a "live", and originally recorded as such, but a last minute change in keyboards made for a hasty change of plans and a schedule that meant a second live show wasn't possible in the time allowed. I'd view this much in the way as a radio session; there's the crackle of energy from "live" performance, but no destracting whoops and whistles through the slower parts of the solos.
Never mind the whittle, hear the quality. I admit, I'm a relative newcomer to Aynsley's music, but this retrospective session take is a welcome addition to my growing collection, and would shine in any collection of blues based rock. Aynsley's voice and guitar soar and growl in equal measure, Midus & Simon provide a solid backline for Aynsley to bounce off and the interplay with Dan on keyboards really bolsters the experience. This is a band at the top of the game, and enjoying it.
There's a lot of old favourites here from Aynsley's past work, a funkier sounding "Soundman", "Hero", "Quiet Boy" to more recent songs from his latest studio album; "Hurricane", "Early Morning Dew", "What's it all about" to the one fans have been clamouring for, the "Purple Rain" cover which is epic. All rounded off with a run through of the Hendrix standard "Crosstown Traffic".
Buy this! And if it whets your appetite see Aynsley and the band live.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: LimpingV on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States