220 million years ago, as dinosaurs were beginning their domination of Earth, another group of reptiles was about to make an extraordinary leap. Pterosaurs were taking control of the skies. The story of how and why these mysterious creatures took to the air is more fantastical than any fiction.
In flying monsters 3D, Sir David Attenborough sets out to uncover the truth about the enigmatic pterosaurs whose wingspans of up to 40 feet were equal to that of a modern day jet plane.
The central question and of the greatest mysteries in palaeontology is how and why did pterosaurs fly. How did creatures the size of giraffes defy gravity and soar through prehistoric skies?
Attenborough starts to unravel one of science's more enduring mysteries, discovering that the marvel of pterosaur flight has evolutionary echoes that resonate even today.
* Artwork subject to change
Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 1 Reviews)
Awesome documentary...well worth the purchase!
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 07/11/2011 14:19:57
When I first heard about Sir David making this documentary for Sky's 3D channel I was heartsick. How dare he leave the BBC! But I needn't have worried. For although I don't have the Sky 3D channel, I purchased this disc to see for myself if the great man had made a mistake in switching channels. My title is something of an understatement since the whole disc left me breathless. Sir David's narration is erudite and informative and the occasional flights of fancy provide an insight into just how big these creatures were when compared to humans. All I can say in conclusion is, buy it! You won't be disappointed, I'm sure.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: brandx on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States