Erik is a hellraiser and a troublemaker, who is expelled from school and sent to a private boarding school
The new school is worse than anything he possibly could have dreamt of. The senior students run a fascist regime in which violent punishment is an ordinary instrument of power
Interview with the Author, Jan Guillou
"The Truth Behind Evil" featurette
Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 2 Reviews)
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 15/08/2009 11:28:52
This is a little masterpiece of a movie, with believable characters, and a fantastic storyline that has you on the edge of your seat in anticipation. The acting is great, particularly the friendship between Eric and Pierre - roommates at a sadistic boarding school, where most of the teaching staff turn a blind eye to cruelty and brutality administered by insecure bullies. This movie portrays the harsh reality of life for those who do not just get bullied at school, but have to come home to torment. The piano is very significant in this movie. I highly recommend this movie - its almost two hours of engrossment - buy it!!
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: Speedy2you on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 23/10/2008 12:59:21
A true story, set only 15 years after WWII, this is a stunning and shocking film about a young man who, after frequent physical abuse from his stepfather, becomes the schoolyard bully. When he is expelled, he is sent by his mother to a tough Private school, which turns out to be tougher than anyone could possible expect. Some of the teachers are still Nazi's, and the teachers ignore the ritual violence that the school seniors impose on the younger students. This is Eric's last chance in the school system, and has to fight to his core not to react to the violence, but because of the years of abuse he has sustained, he is able to switch off to it. When the bully's recognise this, they becomes more and more extreme, eventually striking out at those he loves in an effort to get to him. The film is very well directed and all the performances are excellent.
Interesting extras, particularly the interviews with the writer (who's autobiographical book the film is based on).
And whilst this has nothing to do with the film, Andreas Wilson who plays the lead, is perhaps one of the most beautiful men to grace the screen, and I look forward to seeing more from him.
This film was nominated for Best International Film at the 2004 Oscars!
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: howiet on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States