Spider's legs... hypodermic needles... dead things... things that go bump in the night... growling things... creatures baring their teeth... there are so many things that have scared us at some point in our lives. Now, six of the world's most devious minds have breathed life into their own feverish nightmares, taking you on a journey to the pitch black heart of fear itself.
This unprecedented animated epic features the coolest, most hip, underground, cutting edge, cult, visual and comic book artists of our time. Brought together for the first time on celluloid they delve beneath the skin to rattle the exact nerve that sends ahivers racing down your spine.
Acclaimed across the world, 'Fear(s) Of The Dark' is a kinky, creepy, hysterical, disgusting and deeply unnerving ride into what keeps us awake at night.
Whatever you do... Don't see it alone!
Interview With Co Writer/Director And Acclaimed Comic Artist Charles Burns
Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 3 Reviews)
nice collection of artistic nightmares
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 23/07/2010 00:41:25
firstly id just like to say that if you are interested in buying this dvd on the premise that you want it to scare the living daylights out of you ,you WILL be dissapointed.
but if you are of the artistic persuasion. you will find much to marvel at in fears of the dark. The illustration and draftmanship involved in this film are of the highest order, really classy. there are five or six short stories all of which have there own merit but needless to say some are better than others in general. but all are interesting ,intruiging and at times even a little un-nerving.
If your looking for something a ittle different to your average film. give fears of the dark ago , very stylish and has the `guillermo del toro` on the front of the case ( which is hardly ever a bad thing).
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: kesselrun on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 15/02/2009 19:41:20
So disappointed with this been looking forward to it, it had nothing scary at all only had two storys that were okay the last story was poor but the animation was ace it uses only black and white colours which work well, if you can rent or lend it try it out.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: larrydavid on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Go for it.
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 23/01/2009 14:44:02
I've just purchased this, solely because of Guillermo Del Toro.
I have not yet watched a film associated with this guy that has not been 100% fantastic.
Screw it, just go for it.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: iamclaire on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States