Alif - Aynama-Rtama
Alif - Aynama-Rtama
Alif - Aynama-Rtama (Vinyl NEW)
Label: Forced Exposure
Release Date: 11 Sep 2015
No. of Discs: 1
All our items are brand new. Our customer service is multilingual for your convenience and we offer Royal Mail Freepost Service available for qualifying returns.
1. 01. Holako (Hulagu) (4:09)
2. 02. Dars Min Kama Sutra (A Lesson from Kama Sutra) (6:39)
3. 03. Al-Juththa (The Corpse) (5:57)
4. 04. I'tiraf (Confession) (4:55)
5. 05. Al-Khutba Al-Akhira (The Last Declamation) (5:37)
6. 06. Yalla Tnam (Lullaby) (5:34)
7. 07. Watti Es-Sawt (Keep It Down) (4:38)
8. 08. Eish Jabkum Hon? (What Brings You Here?) (4:08)
LP version. Pressed on 140-gram vinyl. Limited to 300 copies. Alif is the collective sound of five musicians at the forefront of independent music in the Arab world. Conceived in 2012 and taking it's name from the first letter of the Arabic alphabet, Alif features Khyam Allami (oud), Tamer Abu Ghazaleh (vocals and buzuq), Bashar Farran (bass), Maurice Louca (keys and electronics), and Khaled Yassine (drums and percussion). Their self-produced debut, Aynama-Rtama (Wherever It Falls) is a reflection of it's time and environment. Recorded between Beirut and Cairo in 2014, it is a shape-shifting album that twists and turns when one least expects it. Right from the lead track Holako (Hulagu) - featuring a poem by late Iraqi poet Sargon Boulus (1944-2007) rendered into song for the first time - the band immediately reveal their intention. Louca's gritty electronic percussion melds with Allami's rhythmic oud, and builds until the explosion of a driving rhythmic section, backing Abu Ghazaleh's frenzied buzuq, leads to a cinematic climax of soaring strings and raging drums. The startling synergy of these five musicians is retained throughout the album. A fiery sermon rages in Al-Khutba Al-Akhira (The Last Declamation) as the tumult of Yassine's acoustic percussion gives way to Louca's piercing synths, intertwining with Abu Ghazaleh's potent diction. From the melancholic beauty of Dars Min Kama Sutra (A Lesson from Kama Sutra) - which features the tantalizing verses of renowned Palestinian poet Mahmoud Darwish (1942-2008) - to the majestic and surreal album-closer Eish Jabkum Hon? (What Brings You Here?), penned by the band's own Tamer Abu Ghazaleh, each track bursts with rhythmic drive and fervor. The band's wide-ranging influences, along with their unified and intriguing energy, give birth to a soundscape that is at once familiar and unknown. Mixed by Ali Chant of Toybox Studios, Bristol, UK (PJ Harvey, Rokia Traore, Yann Tiersen, Gruff Rhys, John Parish) and mastered by John Dent of Loud Mastering, UK (Bob Marley, Nick Drake, Yann Tiersen, Massive Attack, Nick Cave), Aynama-Rtama traces a complex labyrinth of genres, sounds, and emotions, rendered as a unique postcard of the tumultuous rollercoaster-ride of it's time. The album is adorned in artwork featuring a painting by Syrian-Lebanese visual artist Semaan Khawam. His colorful, surreal paintings, combined with original typography by Egyptian designer Salma Shamel, perfectly complement the complexities latent in Alif's music and lyrics. All editions also feature Nariman Youssef's English translations of the poems and lyrics.
Credit / Debit Card
Both credit card and debit card with VISA / MasterCard brand logo are accepted.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States
we accept returns up to 30 days after you have been receiving your order (in case of damages, or other product issues).
Please contact us for a Royal Mail Freepost return address
||CD LISTENING BAR INC, 17822 GILLETTE AVE, IRVINE, CA 92614
|Shop Phone Number
|Shop Email Address