Christian Bale and Steve Zahn star in Rescue Dawn, an action drama by Werner Herzog, based on the director's acclaimed 1997 documentary, Little Dieter Needs to Fly.
The film recounts the true story of German-born Dieter Dengler, who dreams of being a pilot and eventually makes his way to the United States, where he joins the military during the Vietnam War era. Shot down and captured in Vietnam, Dieter, along with a handfull of other captives, decide to hatch an escape plan before it's too late...
Commentary by Director Werner Herzog and Interviewer Norman Hill
The Making of a True Story Featurette: Unfinished Business: Telling Dieter's Story
Strength of Character
What Would Dieter Do?
The Sound Of War
7 Deleted Scenes With Optional Commentary by Director Werner Herzog and Interviewer Norman Hill
Production photography gallery
Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 1 Reviews)
Much More Than A War Movie
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 25/12/2009 12:00:12
Excellent Movie, Excellent Acting, Excellent Watch. Read morr
Got this and Harsh Times a few months ago, as I am a big fan of Christian Bales work.
Watched Harsh Times pretty quickly but took almost 8 months to get round to Rescue Dawn as
I thought it was going to be another worthy movie about war with good acting.
But it is not a traditional War movie there is defo more to it as its told in little bits with a fantastic sense of humour.
And even though the events that are depicted are not nice, it is actually very enjoyable.
I think this is down to the fact that the film is more about inspiring people.
A FEW MOMENTS THAT REALLY STOOD OUT. the opening sequence before the credits rolled of the bombs being dropped on the lush green scenery leaving a Breathtaking and Heartbreaking trail of destruction.
Also seeing these Human Beings surrounded by this beautiful landscape and behaving in this inhumane way, makes you feel genuinely sad.
To think God made this world, gave us all Hearts and Minds to live in this beautiful world and what we as humans choose to do to each other.
Just a thought.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: Rambo456 on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States