If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next
You Stole The Sun From My Heart
Ready For Drowning
My Little Empire
I'm Not Working
You're Tender And You're Tired
Born A Girl
Black Dog On My Shoulder
Nobody Loved You
Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 3 Reviews)
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 03/04/2010 14:48:22
So many good songs. This is an amazing album with a brilliant sound. The Everlasting is the stand out track which is amazing and one of the best songs around. Surprise songs are born a girl, My little Empire and You're Tender And You're Tired. This should be up there with the best albums of the 90's.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: benkernow on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
their most moving album...
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 15/01/2008 17:52:01
while not their best album (this is probably 3rd after The Holy Bible and Everything Must Go) this is probably the most moving Manics album as Nicky Wire takes full control of the songwriting and bares his soul.
The Everlasting opens the album, beginning slowly, but gradually growing into a powerful piece of beauty. lyrically it has a universal appeal, which for me marks it as one of the album's highpoints. If You Tolerate This... doesnt disappoint while You Stole The Sun... is a more traditional rock stomper.
some fans criticised the album for losing steam halfway through. the fragile Born A Girl may be much more mellow, but is nontheless beautiful and affecting, You're Tender & You're Tired is the best song ever to feature a whistling solo while Nobody Loves You is as powerful and moving as No Surface All Feeling from the albums' pedecessor.
the closing SYMM may be lyrically clumsy, and has probably left many listeners finish on a low note, but musically it is excellent - FX pedals & backward drum effects and arguably the Manics at their most musically experimental. this album is definately worth getting.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: bleedingpepper on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 11/12/2007 20:26:56
This is the album with all the Manics most well known songs including You Stole the Sun From My HEart and IF You Tolerate This. Other tracks that really stand out are Born A Girl and Ready For Drowning/ Alothough nothing beats seeing them live!
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: MaxFacts on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States