Market Square Heroes
Hooks in You (7'' Version)
He Knows You Know (Edited 7'' Version)
Garden Party (Edited Version)
Punch And Judy (7'' Version)
Assassing (7'' Version)
Cinderella Search (7'' Version)
Kayleigh (Single Edit)
Lady Nina (Single Edit)
Lavender (Single Version)
Easter (7'' Edit)
Heart Of Lothian
Warm Wet Circles (7'' Remix)
1. He Knows You Know
2. Garden Party
6. Heart Of Lothian
8. Sugar Mice
9. Warm Wet Circles
Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 1 Reviews)
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 08/10/2012 15:47:26
Although the front cover shows the band both pre 1988 (with Fish as singer) and post 1988 (with Steve Hogarth as singer), only two of the tracks are from the post-Fish era plus one of the DVD tracks (and that's not even a Marillion song but a cover version). As such, this is a very "old" collection and not at all representative of the band as it is now.
The tracks are almost entirely the 7 inch (single) versions, but Marillion has never been a singles band, and so sadly many of the tracks on this disc disappoint when compared to their album versions.
As all of the tracks have been released countless times before on other compilations, regretably there is nothing here for the long standing Marillion fan to enjoy, and so this album is aimed squarely at the "nostalgia" market. As such, it is a good collection of their classic songs from years past, and gives a good flavour of the band pre-1988, but even so I think most such purchasers would be better served by picking up one or two of the original albums instead, many of which are now available for peanuts on Play. A listener only partly familiar with the Music of 1980's Marillion I think would much more enjoy listening to the entire Misplaced Childhood album, for example, than they would from this selection of "radio play" tracks.
I would also encourage listeners to sample the band's more recent material, such as Sounds That Can't Be Made (quite cheap on Play), but don't for one minute think that the collection of 1980's tracks on this compilation disc will prepare you for the sheer awesomeness (!) of the newer material.
The only reason to buy this disc would be for the DVD. It is a very cheap way to buy a selection of early Marillion videos, although again, all have been released before (eg, see the EMI Singles Collection).
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: SteveGGGG on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States