Rock The Nations
Waiting For The Night
We Came Here To Rock
You Ain't No Angel
Party Til You Puke
Chase The Fade
Waiting For The Night (7'' Version)
Northern Lady (7'' Version)
Everybody Up (Live)
Dallas 1PM (Live in Madrid) (B Side of Northern Lady)
Power And The Glory (Live At The Reading Festival)
Rock The Nations (Live At The Reading Festival)
Waiting For The Night (Live At The Reading Festival)
Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 2 Reviews)
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 10/05/2013 09:45:41
As an avid Saxon fan since before their 1st album and having seen them over 40 times I would suggest that this is the worst official Saxon album. Yes there are a few good tracks on here but by and large it is an embarrasingly bad album.
Party till you pukke must be the worst track ever recorded by anyone.
On a more positive note Battle Cry and Rock The Nations are excellent and Northern lady is a great ballard. "We Came Here To Rock" is OK but nothing you have not heard before.
Overall: Look elsewhere for brilliant Saxon albums (Try: "Heavy Metal Thunder" if you are new to the band - "The Inner Sanctum" and "Into The Labyrinth" are both excellent releases. Whilst "The Eagle Has Landed 1" and "Greatest Hits Live" are good stuff as well. "Innocence Is No Excuse" is easy on the ears to.)
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: PlayComWoody on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
80s rock at its finest
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 16/03/2011 23:54:57
it's no good comparing this to the classic that is Wheels of Steel, it has a completely different feel to it. however, Rock the Nations is an incredibly strong, 80s rock album. a stand alone, over-looked classic. the production sounds expensive and the songs are purpose built arena anthems. the album is fast-paced, energetic and guitar driven with memorable choruses. a couple of slow songs offer a welcomed contrast to the relentless riffage. my girlfriend doesn't like rock music but liked Rock the Nations; this is testament to its broad appeal. the bonus tracks on offer here are better than the bonus tracks on the other saxon rereleases and probably worth the extra few pounds. this cd is a summer time, feel-good rock album. better than you'd expect.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: damagecontrol on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States