Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day
Like A Song'
Two Hearts Beat As One
Includes a 16 page booklet featuring previously unseen photos, full lyrics and new liner notes by Niall Stokes.
Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 2 Reviews)
Classic 80's Remaster.
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 10/08/2008 19:30:31
I am a huge U2 fan, however, when this album was first released I wasn't.
I bought this album on the strength of the singles SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY, and the full version of NEW YEARS DAY.
Some superb tracks, which paved the way to their ever growing popularity and success. A must for all U2 fans !
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: fairlight on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
This is where U2 hit the big time
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 11/07/2008 20:27:21
Before 1983, U2 were an Irish band trying to make it big in UK. They had had a minor hit, but nothing like the no. 1's back home. Then they released "New Year's Day" (closer to Easter than 1st January), had a UK top ten hit and the rest is history. The second single released from this album, "Two Hearts Beat As One", wasn't as good and naturally didn't have such an impact, but it managed to scrape into the UK top twenty.
If that were all, U2 would not have become the globe straddling act they are today. This album cannot be valued on its singles. For starters, there is one of their most famous songs "Sunday Bloody Sunday" which kicks off the album in uncompromising style. And once it gets going, the album never lets go. It is full of political / social themes ("Sunday Bloody Sunday" deals with the Irish political problems; "New Year's Day" is about the way money rules). The quiet tracks at the end finally allow the listener to relax, and the overall effect is that of a great album that finally puts you down.
One of the classic rock albums of all time.
Oh, and it knocked Michael Jackson's "Thriller" off the top spot in the albums chart, albeit for one week only.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: perseust on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States