Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 1 Reviews)
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 22/02/2011 10:50:39
Fans of 80's metal will love this album. Taking in influences from alot of the big 80's bands, Jettblack have still managed to make themselves sound relevent. This is due to the crunchy production giving it a modern feel while the music itself harks back to the likes of Motley Crue, Cinderella and early Def Leppard with a bit of Extreme, Whitesnake and 80's Bon Jovi thrown in! There's even riffs and harmonies here which make you think Metallica or Judas Priest but as i said, this is more than some rip off or ironic band, its clear from first track, Slip It On, that this band mean business and love what they do. Its hard to pick a favourite, Two Hot Girls infectious chourus will have you singing along in no time while big ballad Not Even Love will have you waving your lighters(or phones if your a non-smoker)in the air and the likes of When it Comes to Lovin' and Fooled by a Rose(think thats what its called, track 4 anyway!) and the title track will have you dancing around with a grin on your face until brilliant, slow building closer Innocence is Mine comes to an end. Although theres one or two tracks that don't quite hit the spot, overall, Get Your Hands Dirty is a very good debut album. If i was to recommend one band closest to their sound, i'd say Skid Rows first 2 or 3 albums, which is a big compliment as i love the Row! Here's hoping Jettblack don't do what The Darkness did and follow up a great debut with a stinker because on this evidence, Jettblack could be huge.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: UncleAdam on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States