Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 2 Reviews)
Back On Top Form
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 18/06/2009 10:51:22
To be fair, they never really go off the boil, just that some offerings don't strike the same deep chord as their 'best' work.
This is from the 'best work' section of their catalogue.
They have moved on, got on with it and refined their song writing. Experimental in places, but never lack lustre or watered down.
This is a solid rock / metal album.
I love the guitar work, sparse where it needs to be and multi-layered and grinding when that's what's needed.
Drums are back to the fore, which is where they should be on a Sepultura album.
All in all, can't really fault this album at all, apart from the last self indulgent track, but hey, they're entitled to mess about as much as the rest of us eh? :)
If you thought they'd lost their way, or lost their edge - give this a listen and welcome back to the fold.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: MaxBantleman on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Sepultura but not???
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 27/01/2009 01:37:28
Well theres no Cavalera's now so is it still Sepultura? Of course it is. The whole point of Sepultura is to be different every album this is why you go out and buy them, the whole concept of a band not having a defined sound should be taken up more often. Any way this album is awesome, great workout to play to on drums. Top track so far is Sadistic Values. Before any metal purists start slagging me or the album off I'm not some metal (or sepultura)newbie. Open your minds and give it ago.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: Pashazade on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States