It is the most famous and valuable gemstone in the world. It is called the Hope Diamond, and at 45 and a half carats, it is the largest blue diamond in the world. They say the Hope Diamond is not only beautiful...but cursed.
According to the legend, it was stolen from the eye of a Hindu idol. But it came with a price: a curse that destroyed careers, lives, marriages, and empires in its long journey through time. It was said to be the favorite jewel of Marie Antoinette. Could its curse have doomed her and her husband Louis XVI to the guillotine during the French Revolution? It is said to have brought generations of the wealthy Hope family to bankruptcy. One owner is said to have committed suicide. Another went mad. Another drowned. A wealthy Washington socialite lost her young son to a freak auto accident in the 1920s. Today, the brilliant and unique stone sits in the Smithsonian Institution, the property of the United States of America. Does it still carry its infamous curse? Join us as we explore the bizarre legends and the even stranger facts behind THE CURSE OF THE HOPE DIAMOND.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States