There's a sucker born every minute.
Director Miguel Bardem (Javier Bardem's brother) delivers a stylish, Grifters-style crime thriller that would not only make David Mamet proud - it would have him second-guessing the plot twists right down to the final frame.
The slick, handsome Ernesto (Ernesto Alterio) has spent a lifetime in the small-racket crime world, working the three-card monte on suckers on the streets of Madrid, conning store owners and scouting the train stations for easy marks to rob. His pleasant, but decidedly small-time, lifestyle changes when he meets the elderly El Manco (Manuel Alexandre), a veteran of the trade who has close contacts to the mysterious and masterful Federico (Federico Luppi), the king of all con men. The three hook up and, after ascending to the rarified world of elegant hotels and high living, Federico proposes a real estate con that will net them millions. The only hitch is that they need the assistance of Federico's ex-lover Pilar (Victoria Abril). A former con artist herself, Pilar (who cheated Federico on a scam years earlier) is now living in luxury with her new elderly husband. The chase is on, as the team embarks on their new complicated con . . . but can everyone be trusted?
Swindled is an elegant, fun, fast-moving film where the secrets, treachery and twists will keep you on the edge of your seat until the final frame.
TLA releasing trailers
Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 1 Reviews)
Don't count your Chickens
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 27/10/2008 10:38:22
What I find most annoying is when you know that what you think you know isn't actually what you know. When someone like me tells you that this is a film where nothing is what it seems, you'll find yourself guessing, but believe me, this film is so brilliantly written as structured that you'll wear yourself out before you get to the final credits. Miguel Bardems directorial debut is wonderful, aluring and you'll never ever guess how it ends. Magic.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: Nonfictional on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States