Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 3 Reviews)
All you need is love
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 11/01/2012 00:12:23
The CD is of excellent quality, the price is affordable and allows everyone to buy, in my humble opinion, one of the best album that the Beatles have ever done.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: FrodoBagins on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 16/02/2011 15:58:34
I cant see why all these people have a problem with the stereo versions of the early albums, one assumes all these people already have the mono 1987 cd version. I for one think they did a fantastic job on these early recordings, considering they were recored on a two track system almost 50 years ago. So what if the vocals are in one speaker and the instruments in another, it makes it more like the lads are in the room with you. The 1987 version of the album was truly awful, there was so much hiss you could hardly hear anything. That is now all gone and its crystal clear and you can hear everything perfectly. I think the job done on the early albums is even better then the later ones. I bought the box set and have to say am delighted with the remastering job, money well spent.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: OnlyOneMacca on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 19/09/2009 08:53:53
I totally agree. They've completely missed the point and (therefore) the opportunity to release The Beatles re-mixed with a fresh sound, better seperation and balance (so less extreme stereo for example) e.g. Yellow Sub, Love. I suppose we'll have to wait for the 5.1 versions of the later albums but, in the meantime, these 'remasters' represent a good little earner for EMI. I just don't understand why EMI thinks we want to hear albums like Abbey Road with mega compressed drums/instrumentation panned to the extreme of each channel. Why not release remixes of the albums as the Beatles would sound if they were newly-recorded today (e.g. LIBN) ?
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: Muffle on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States