Farther Up The Road
Ain't That Lovin' You
I'm Too Far Gone (To Turn Around)
Stormy Monday Blues
I Wouldn't Treat A Dog (The Way You Treated Me)
I'll Take Care Of You
Chains Of Love
I Pity The Fool
Cry, Cry, Cry
Lead Me On
Mick Hucknall releases his first ever solo album on May 19th, recorded in tribute to the legendary American singer Bobby 'Blue' Bland. 'Tribute to Bobby' is a twelve track master class in soul, blues and R&B and a tribute to one of Hucknall's most important inspirations and musical idols. On the album 'Tribute to Bobby' Hucknall's compelling vocals emphasise the sentiment of each of the songs, whilst masterfully adopting the songs and making them entirely his own. The CD is released along with an exclusive DVD documentary about the making of the album, shot in the recording studio and in Memphis where Hucknall met Bland for the first time.
Documentary Filmed In Memphis, Tennessee In November 2007. Running Time approx 17 mins
Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 1 Reviews)
SIMPLY MORE STARS AS MICK TURNS FROM RED TO BLUE .
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 22/05/2008 22:49:42
This is the album that Mick Hucknall should have made years ago,from the outset this is Hucknall enjoying himself,the first track is the perenial "Farther up the road" which he sings with Gusto and the up mood continues with "Aint that loving you""
the Bobby in the title is the very talented Bobby"Blue"Bland who has never really achieved the success tht he should have.
"Yolande"is a tour de force and stretches his voice further than it has been before,and in some ways sounds like those mid seventies records from the Philadelphia label
"Stormy Monday"is handled slighly faster than perhaps you are used to(For a great live version dig out Colloseums live album with Chris Farlowe on vocals)
According to reports Hucknall is to break up Simply Red in the next two years this album will stand him in good stead until the Reds are no more,This is an album that sounds different from the Simply red usual sound with just a basic backing band and it sounds a lot better for it especially on tracks like "Chains of love"
which is handled like a Jazz standard with lovely sax playing alongside Hucknalls Voice.
"I pity the fool"is immaculate,very Isaac Hayes type orchestrations
and again very well sung,great guitar playing as well.
"Lead me on" Finishes an exceptionally good album
Disc Two is a DVD that follws Hucknalls pilgrimage to meet Mr Blue in Tennessee inNovember of last year and is 17 minutes long
This is an album that Mick Hucknall should be very proud of.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: finbartheloony on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States