Cerberus is as Cerberus Does
Ball & Chain
Youth shall never beat Old Age in a Race
Big & Clever
Dogboy Vs Monsters
The Flatpack Bride of Possibilities
The Egg Slicer, The Cheese Grater, The Knife
The End of Summer
Bring me the Head of John the Baptist
Waltz of the Monster Dogs
Mingers in Paradise
Lion, Lion, Lion, Lion, Lion
The Man who was Eaten by a Pie
Imagine a man in a pink suit, sitting on a box, sputtering Neo-Dickensian rants about being chased by pensioners as he plays a cheap accordion to a band that sound like the Bad Seeds playing The Jungle Book. Or The Specials playing Jacques Brel. Or The Crazy World of Arthur Brown playing Western Swing on Waikiki Beach. Or the Kinks locked in the London Dungeon with a barrel of ale and Thomas De Quincey's personal stash. Imagine all these things and more because once you have stepped into the mystical world of Flipron, you had better be ready for one or two surprises.
Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 1 Reviews)
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 28/10/2009 14:26:02
For those of you who've heard Flipron's debut and enjoyed it, you'll know what to expect and therefore you'll adore this record. Those who haven't should maybe check that one out first. But this is an equally nice place to enter their crazy, wonderful and unique world.
None of us thought their debut 'Fancy Blues and Rustique Novelties' could be bettered, even by a new Flipron record, but it certainly was by this, their second offering!
Like the first record, there ain't a duff track on there. But some Particularly special moments are Cerberus Is As Cerberus Does, Youth, Dogboy Vs Monsters, Flat-Pack Bride, End of Summer and Head of John The Baptist.
Flipron's songwriter, lyricist and lead singer Jesse Budd is clearly some kind of genius, he does something very special in pop music!
This album swings!
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: ThisSellersFate on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States