Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 3 Reviews)
Not as good as Halo trilogy but still awesome
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 04/11/2010 13:25:32
When I first bought this album I was a bit disappointed that most of the music seemed all drums and military style. However once you get further into the soundtrack, i.e. as you become more emotionally attached to the situation happening in the game it really starts to ramp up. The intros of Exodus and New Alexandria are truly epic (even if exodus intro does sound a bit like Lord of the Rings).
Some of the songs are a little dull, but this mainly because its action music that would suit the scene in game but not outside it. This album really needs to be listened to in one sitting (or at least the campaign levels anyway).
Overall I'd say this album is definitely worth getting if you enjoy the Halo music but if you simply enjoy the games you may be better off with one of the more epic soundtracks i.e. Halo 3 ODST or Halo 2.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: Fa6ade on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Could have been better
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 03/11/2010 23:22:26
Comparisons to the Halo trilogy should be made, as this game is based in the same world, yet also stands on its own. Some themes from Halo's past appear, but they're too rare. New themes are nice enough and the cool action motif heard at the beginning of track 2 is great stuff , but to me Reach just doesn't sound as interesting, diverse or plain cool as either Halo 3 or ODST. Halo 3 still is the best of the bunch musically, because it uses real orchestra and choir, whereas Reach does not, not that you'd notice it, but still... The bonus cues are a nice touch with variations on known Halo anthems. This album is okay for fans of the game(s) and Marty O'Donnell I guess.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: DarkElf on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Marty and Mike Deliver Yet Again
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 25/10/2010 13:24:18
Whilst the game has had its ups and downs, the music has consistently set the benchmark for video game soundtracks. Reach seems to be one of the strongest of the soundtracks with music that perfectly reflects the tone and situation of the game.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: therealhope on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States