Kingdom Of Loss
Mrs. Modern Mother Mary
Flame To The Moth
Pain of Salvation have become a familiar and constant name in the field of progressive metal, releasing first rate music for over a decade. With their new album `Scarsick' the members around mastermind Daniel Gildenlöw are back with a vengeance. Pain of Salvation impressively have created an opus that couldn't have been more multi-faceted and diverse. Progressive metal with touches of slightly dark sounds that is wrapped in remarkable structures and surprising turns. Despite or even because of its love of detail, this piece of work sounds whole in all its entirety. A creative masterpiece, which only very few in the genre of prog metal are capable of.
Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 2 Reviews)
Another Excellent PoS album
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 30/07/2008 14:41:15
My first review of this album seems to have disappeared. Having had this now for some 18 months, a second review is in order. Basically, this is still as good as it was when I first bought it. Cribcaged is Daniel Gildenlow's best creation to date. Brilliant lyrics and with a great, sinister bass line. Spitfall is a bit vitriolic too, but still brilliant. Enter Rain is very much like bits of Pink Floyd. All other tracks support these high points really well. It has had mixed reviews, but I think it is fab, thought provoking, and delivered in style.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: MMolloy on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 25/07/2007 21:03:03
Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan (they are one of my favourite bands) of PoS, and will continue to be as long as this does not become their new sound.
After hearing the genius of Perfect Element and BE, and all their other albums for that matter I was really excited about this album.
Unfortunately, it was a real letdown. Gildenlow was amazing for his skills in writing lyrics, so I NEVER expected to be hearing this amount (or even any) of swearing in a PoS album. The lyrics are also pretty bad overall, as painful as that is to say. Not to say I am apposed to swearing in music but there is just no need for a band like PoS.
It's not just in the lyrics, the overall music is of a much lower quality than their previous album, much more simplistic, and even generic music at some points.
Still a good album if you like PoS, but it just isn't up to the standard of their other albums at all.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: omni2007 on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States