Let The Music Do The Talking
My Fist Your Face
Shame On You
Reason A Dog
She's On Fire
After starting off the '80s on the wrong foot because of personnel defections, changing music trends, and various personal and business problems, the original Aerosmith line-up reunited for 1985's DONE WITH MIRRORS. Produced by Van Halen/Montrose knob-twirler Ted Templeman, MIRRORS is a bare-bones Aerosmith record that was last the band recorded without the benefit of outside songwriters.The results range from the rhythmically slinky "Shela" to the funky boogie of "The Hop". Elsewhere, songs such as the hard-hitting "My Fist Your Face" and the slide guitar-drenched "She's on Fire" show the band was able to shake the rust off after almost six years apart. The truest sign that the spark of classic Aerosmith still burned deep is a cover of "Let the Music Do the Talking". Originally recorded by the Joe Perry Project, this interpretation is a runaway train of pounding rhythms, screaming guitars, and Steven Tyler's fiery harp blowing and a jive-talking delivery.
Latest Product Reviews See All Reviews (Total 1 Reviews)
Unusual, Unique and Worth buying
Posted by Play.com Reviewer, 15/03/2011 21:04:34
I really admire this album and find myself listening to it more often than the more popular aerosmith albums. the primary focus is on the choruses and sing along factor and yet some of the guitar solos are surprisingly technical and well executed. there are a number of slower, more moody songs but they are catchy and make way for some interesting musical passages. the real meat of this album is "let the music do the talking" and my personal favourite, "the hop". These are the more guitar-driven tracks that satisfy my desire for hard rock. Done With Mirrors is less riff orientated than previous efforts and comes across like it may have been put together very quickly but that is why i like it so much - it's surprisingly infectious. the production sounds dated but by the same token, i never find myself tiring of it. simply, great 80s rock.
Note: This Review was made by Play.com customer: damagecontrol on Rakuten’s Play.com on the date shown.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States