Brooklyn / O.S.T. - Brooklyn / O.S.T.
Brooklyn / O.S.T. - Brooklyn / O.S.T.
Brooklyn / O.S.T. (CD NEW)
Label: Lakeshore Records
Release Date: 18 Dec 2015
No. of Discs: 1
All our items are brand new. Our customer service is multilingual for your convenience and we offer Royal Mail Freepost Service available for qualifying returns.
1. Be Cool Aka Keep Cool (Johnny Moore's Three Blazers) 2:46
2. Boolavogue (John Carty, James Blennerhassett, Paul Gurney and Jim Higgins) 2:23
3. The Yellow Rose of Texas (John Carty, James Blennerhassett, Seamus O'Donnell and Jim Higgins) 2:16
4. What's It to You, Jack (Linda Hayes) 2:16
5. The Stack of Barley (John Carty, James Blennerhassett, Paul Gurney and Jim Higgins) 2:26
6. Castle Finn (Caoimhfn + Raghallaigh and Fiachna + MongÃin) 2:40
7. Dynaflow (John Carty, James Blennerhassett, Seamus O'Donnell and Jim Higgins) 1:53
8. Zing a Little Zong (Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney) 2:18
9. Five, Ten, Fifteen Hours (Ruth Brown) 3:09
10. A Garden in the Rain (John Carty, James Blennerhassett, Seamus O'Donnell and Jim Higgins) 2:42
11. My Wild Irish Rose (John Carty, James Blennerhassett, Paul Gurney, Seamus O'Donnell and Jim Higgins) 3:00
12. Casadh An TsÂ·gÃin (Iarla + LionÃird) 6:20
Brooklyn / Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Featuring A Wonderful Collection of Irish Tunes And Favorites of the Era Including "Castle Finn", "Zing A Little Zong", "Casadh an tSg in", and "My Wild Irish Rose" Lakeshore Records will release the BROOKLYN - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack digitally on December 4th and on December 18, 2015. The album features recordings of Irish classics including "My Wild Irish Rose", "Castle Finn" and "Boolavogue." "When I was working on the novel Brooklyn, I imagined a scene on Christmas Day when men who were down on their luck would come to a parish hall for Christmas dinner, " described writer Colm T=ibfn. "The Ireland they carried with them included a musical culture as well as a legacy of hardship." Brooklyn tells the profoundly moving story of Eilis Lacey (Saoirse Ronan), a young Irish immigrant navigating her way through 1950s Brooklyn. Lured by the promise of America, Eilis departs Ireland and the comfort of her mother's home for the shores of New York City. The initial shackles of homesickness quickly diminish as a fresh romance sweeps Eilis into the intoxicating charm of love. But soon, her new vivacity is disrupted by her past, and Eilis must choose between two countries and the lives that exist within. "Everyone has a favourite film moment and it's invariably accompanied by music, " added director John Crowley. "In BROOKLYN the songs and tracks journey from the more traditional fare of an Enniscorthy dancehall all the way across the Atlantic to Coney Island where the sights and sounds of emerging pop culture in fifties America fill the screen. Each one marks a subtle shift in our heroine's journey. For Eilis, it's a long way from 'Boolavogue' to Bing Crosby... " "The early 1950s was a transitional period for Ireland, both socially and musically, " described John Carty, who served as music coordinator and created additional music for the film. "Through the medium of radio, recordings and film, people were now exposed to popular music from outside Ireland... The old time waltz became very popular, giving couples the opportunity to dance intimately with each other to well known Irish song airs such as 'Boolavogue' and 'My Wild Irish Rose'. Traditional dances like the hornpipe and barn-dance rhythms remained in style, particularly the 'Stack of Barley.' Military-two-steps were also danced to lively and jovial tunes such as 'The Yellow Rose Of Texas.'"
Credit / Debit Card
Both credit card and debit card with VISA / MasterCard brand logo are accepted.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States
we accept returns up to 30 days after you have been receiving your order (in case of damages, or other product issues).
Please contact us for a Royal Mail Freepost return address
||CD LISTENING BAR INC, 17822 GILLETTE AVE, IRVINE, CA 92614
|Shop Phone Number
|Shop Email Address