An environment is a collection of all living things in a specific area of land or water. But environments also have a dark side.
Volcanoes - Volcanic eruptions are devastating, often killing thousands and displacing many more. Yet volcanoes release ash and lava that enriches the soil. Mt. Vesuvius, Popocatépetl, Merapit, St. Helens, Fuji & St. Turin are investigated.
Storms can be manifested as hurricanes, cyclones, sandstorms, and tornadoes. Different geographic locations more susceptible to the resulting devastation of cyclogenisis (the development or strengthening of cyclonic circulation in the atmosphere) are explored.
Earthquakes are sudden, unpredictable movements of the Earth's crust, which can result in widespread loss of life, as well as extensive damage to buildings, and infrastructure. Vulnerable countries are working towards developing reliable early warning systems so that they can better prepare their people and cities for impending disaster.
Flood Studies show that floods are becoming more frequent, and more prolonged, causing devastation to people, property, agriculture and production. Measures being taken to prevent or combat these effects in Venice, Argentina, Bangladesh and The Netherlands are explored.
Shipping cost £ 1.50 to:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
UK Free shipping
Free UK Shipping - Orders are shipped from Canada, please allow 10 - 15 working days for delivery.
Shipping cost £ 3.00 to:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Shipping cost £ 4.00
- Bahrain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- The Pacific
- American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Samoa
- Shipping cost £ 6.00 to:
- Central America and the Antilles
- Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Shipping cost £ 1.00 to:
Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, United States